Friday, September 19, 2008

Daddy, I got messy hands

Should've blogged this a few weeks ago but I've just been reminded of a funny event, although I wasn't laughing at the time.

I was on Katie duty (mummy was at work) and all was going well. We'd had fun playing in the morning, had a lovely lunch, and so now was time for a sleep. I put Katie down as we often do, came downstairs and got on with doing some work. I heard nothing for over an hour, which is quite normal, until a little voice from the top of the stairs says "Daddy, I got messy hands".

So up I go wondering what she means, and then I see it - yellow cream everywhere - her hands, arms, legs, feet, head, the wall, the wardrobe, the drawers, the carpet, her tshirt, her trousers. Not just any yellow cream, but clinique moisturiser. She'd pretty much emptied a new tube (bought only days ago).

Where do you start to clean up such a mess?

The good news - she now has lovely soft skin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha that is so funny! hope you guys are all well :) x

8:49 PM  
Blogger Heather's place said...

The moral of the story is never leave a quiet child alone for too long.

I forgot to tell you of two similar incidents with a very young Alistair. One involving a tin of white gloss paint and a green bathroom suit. The other a red lipstick and a beige bedroom carpet.

There was no noticeable improvement in the softness of his skin.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home